It's hard to believe that we are at the halfway point of the second quarter of the school year. It's even harder to believe that Lauren will soon be a high school graduate and off to college and the rest of her life!
So, I am feeling a bit nostalgic these days!
I remember so well the early years when there was just Lauren and Justin. At only 21 months apart, they were inseparable those first few years of their lives.


Justin received plenty of hugs and motherly advise from Lauren.

Those were sweet days...

But then they both started growing up (and more kiddos came into the picture). Once Lauren started kindergarten, their relationship changed. Justin spent more time with just me and Logan. Lauren developed new friendships and started becoming more independent.
And their relationship became a bit more tense. I realize this is very common. But during those 10 or so years of having a "not-so-close" relationship, I did wonder if they would ever be closer again. Michael assured me that they would. And he reminded me that he and his brother, Doug, do just fine as adults, but were a danger to each other all through their childhoods!
So when their relationship took another turn once Justin started high school, I was cautiously optimistic.
Lauren started driving Justin to school everyday. They were both dancers in the high school musical. They were not by any means, "best friends," but they seemed to get along better and converse with each other more freely.
And things have gotten even better this year! They are both in the Concert Choir and the select singing group, the Madrigals. They go to school together every day. They are both trying out for the spring musical again this week.
I know the dynamics of their relationship and our whole family will change again next year when Lauren is off to college. But I am so thankful for how much both Lauren and Justin have matured!
And I am thankful that I can even get pictures of them together again!
No comments:
Post a Comment